About Destination Angels Camp Development Corporation
- Destination Angels Camp Development Corporation (DAC) is a non-profit, public-private partnership with the City of Angels government set up to build a prosperous Angels Camp though economic development programs to retain and attract businesses that benefit Angels Camp residents, businesses and visitors. It has a special emphasis on strengthening the historic downtown as a critical element in the life of the community and in becoming the base camp for Sierra mountain sports. It encourages potential investors and businesses to ‘Make Angels Camp Your Destination to Live, Work and Play.’
- Its all-volunteer board consists of local business owners and executives, realtors, retailers, sports providers, residents and City government officials. The board adopted the slogan ‘Volunteers for a prosperous Angels Camp’ to reflect both its mission and its make-up. Board meetings are open to the public and are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 10:30 am to 12 noon at the Fireside Room at Greenhorn Creek.
- DAC was formed in April 2012 to continue the work of its predecessor, the Brand Leadership Team. It has expanded its focus to include attracting and retaining businesses throughout the entire city, rather than the BLT’s narrower focus on expanding tourism.
- The primary goal of DAC is to keep the great quality of life and the historic feel of Angels Camp, while at the same time helping to create more and better jobs and business opportunities for the residents and the businesses of the greater Angels Camp area. DAC is also committed to continuing to build Angels Camp as a great destination for visitors by focusing on becoming ‘The base camp for mountain sports.’
- A non-profit, public benefit California corporation, DAC is applying for a number of grants that support community and economic development activities and that are available to a public-private partnership. DAC has a 501c3 tax-exempt status with the IRS. It receives a stipend from the City of Angels and generous support from local businesses and its board members.
- A Guide to Starting a Business in Angels Camp, produced with the City of Angels, is available in print and for download at www.angelscamp.gov and www.DestinationAngelsCamp.com.
- DAC is currently working with the City to develop a guide to holding an event in Angels Camp, a long-term economic development strategy, a new business incentive program, and various marketing materials.